CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007


I know I am a couple of days late in posting, but I was waiting for some pictures from my husband,and am still waiting. So if any of you talk to him, remind him that I am waiting. Thanks!

Christmas was a lot of fun. Violet woke up around 8am. We made her wait until Ashton got up, which was closer to nine, before we headed downstairs. The first thing the kids saw was their new bikes! Violet was very excited about those. We opened stockings - well not Ashton. Ashton found his way to the train table and played and played. Violet wanted to open all the presents. Ashton didn't want to because he was too busy. Once we showed him his new Ninja Turtle, that's all he wanted. Then it was his tools. Those were his three top faves. Violet loves her kid camera. We are still trying to work out the kinks- software issues. Her makeup is something she has been carrying around. She put some on Ashton yesterday. He looked so cute.

She has watched her new Barbie Princess and the Pauper movie a couple of times. Lets see, after we opened gifts, Darin cooked breakfast, eggs, sausage, pancakes, OJ. Then we just hung out, I think we watched "Shrek 3." Then Darin, Vi & Ashton got all bundled up and took out the new snow sled. They had a lot of fun. Then we cooked dinner (Ham, potatoes, stuffing, candied yams - and a regular one for me) and ate. The table looked pretty, I'll have a picture of that sometime.....I think we watched "Ratatouille" that day too. So, all in all it was a relaxing day, although I am still trying to get the house back in order. There are two bikes with flat tires and no where to go yet, and a train table in the living room. One of these days I'll have the energy to move it to the Basement.

Yesterday Darin headed back to work. I did 6 loads of laundry and a lot of dishes. I still have a lot of laundry to get put away. I need to get Myra sleeping in the room with Vi....I'll get that figured out one of these days. I hope Violet isn't a light sleeper.

Today I went to Becky Baddley's sealing. It was really nice. I met some of her friends from her mission in Germany. I left the kids with Jacki. As is my luck, Ashton got car sick (I Hope!) and puked as I was getting off the freeway to Jacki's house. So I had that mess to deal with before leaving. I had to take the entire car seat apart when I got home, which is no easy task, and clean it. I hope I can remember how to put it all back together when the time comes. Wish me luck with that! Oh, and Violet left her new pink jacket at her cousins and had a BF!

0 comments: