CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

It's a Boy!!!

My Aunt Sandra had baby number 4 this morning at 8:27am. His name is Conner Ray (After his Grandfather) and he is 7 lbs 3 oz 20 inches long. This was Sandra's 4th c-section and first boy!! We are so excited for them! Mom has some low blood pressure (must be a fourth c-section thing) but doing good, and baby is healthy and doing a lot of sleeping. :) I'll post a picture when I get one!


Happy Day Late Birthday to my brother!! I can't believe how old you are Josh! HE HE. All grown up and married. Weird! Happy Birthday! I love you!


We went to the Christmas Box Angel ceremony last night. We are lucky to have a monument close to us. We got the kids all bundled up. Ashton had fallen asleep and we had to wake him up to go. Not a pleasant thing! He screamed and cried for like an hour. Takes after his dad in the "ornery when woken up" department. It was fairly cold out - 36 degrees F when we got tot he cemetery. Lucky for us this year there wasn't much wind, but it rained on us. Myra stayed nice and cozy in her winter bunting from Aunt Donna. I am so glad we had that for her. I held her during the program and she slept. Ashton and Violet mostly played in the snow while Darin and I tried to listen.


There was a beautiful musical number sung by two ladies, and the had guitars. Then a woman who is a grief counselor spoke. She did a really nice job. Probably the most memorable thing, to me, that she said was that she is a word person. She doesn't like to say she has "lost" so & so, or so & so has "passed away". She said that she always uses the words passed on, because that is what they have done. Moved on ahead of her, where she will move on to one day. I think it meant a lot to me because I don't ever want to forget Elaine, or how much she taught me. I love her and miss her every day. She has just progressed through this life quicker than I have. I cannot wait for the glorious day when I can see her again. I think about what amazing things she must be doing now, and hope that I am doing what I need to, so I can be with her forever.


So back to the ceremony, we lit candles, talked about how the ceremony began (for more information check out:http://www.richardpaulevans.com/statue.html ). Then everyone is given the chance to place a white flower at the base of the statue. Darin's co worker has a son in the cemetery. He couldn't be there, so we put a flower at his grave. It was a nice ceremony. I enjoy going every year.


I have been involved with several families who have recently had children pass on. These children also suffered from Congenital Heart Defects. It brings back so many memories of being at the hospital, funeral home, just remembering the feelings I had is those first heart aching months. Some days are still that way, but now they are more filled with sweet memories of Elaine and all the fun times we had with her. I have been showing Ashton pictures of Elaine, but he still doesn't recognize a picture of her and say Elaine. I want him to know about his sister. He thinks he only has two and he doesn't. I hope as he gets a little older, her will be able to understand a little bit more.....since she is still such a big part of our lives, and will always be in our little family.


I am sorry if this post has been a little depressing for some. This holiday season so far, I haven't been much in the mood. Maybe it's emotions/hormones from having a baby recently - who knows. But I have been thinking about Elaine a lot lately, and hope maybe some of you think about her once in a while too. I don't want her to be forgotten..... www.elaineandrew.com

2 comments:

Liz said...

This was a very sweet post. My old neighbor sculpted the original statue, and I love what it represents. It was neat to hear him talking about how he felt when he was creating it with his dad. And oddly enough, his day job is being a mortician--he just sculpts on the side--so he really understands how important it is for families to have a way to celebrate and remember.

Janice said...

Melissa,
I was exercising this morning and trying to keep my mind off how much I hate doing it. I have a picture of your family taken the Christmas before Elaine passed on and I was remembering the time you all came to our house and Elaine was feeding potato chips to our dog Chance and just how cute and sweet she was even with all she had to endure in her life. She truly was and is an angel and I feel blessed to have been even a small part of her too very short life. I love you and am proud of how you and your family have endured all the challenges you have had to face. Hugs, Janice