CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bad Neighbor


I found out today that I am the worst neighbor ever! Apparently on Sunday morning there were ambulances and police officers across the street from me (as in what I see looking out my windows) and I was unaware! I even went visiting teaching at 11am, but they were gone by then.


The story: I'll try and keep it short. After a rough Christmas (ectopic pregnancy, surgery etc) my neighbor decided to treat his wife to a weekend away. So they left grandma in charge of their 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old. Grandmas somehow fell down a flight of stair while holding the baby. I n an effort to keep him safe, she snapped her leg (the bottom portion) in two. Luckily the 2 1/2 year old was able to get the phone for grandma to call 911, and the little girl was able to undo the dead bolt on the door so a window wouldn't have to be broken for the paramedics to enter.


All of this, and I didn't have the faintest idea. The baby is fine. Grandma is int he hospital and will be laid up for 6 weeks. Ughhhhh. i will have to be sure to be more observant!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Oh no! What a stress to have to worry about while you're on vacation. You're not a bad neighbor -- it happens.