CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

It had to happen

As a parent, you always dread those unexpected, totally embarrassing moments that your children provide. You hear all the stories. Violet is famous for passing gas in public (and she is super stinky!) and stuff like that. We have the occasional (oh wait, scratch that) frequent outburst in church. It always feels like your child is the only noisy one...you know what I'm talking about.

So Easter Sunday in California, we went to my parent's ward. Low and behold, while the sacrament is being passed, Ashton started talking (it felt like he was yelling) about penis'. Yep, that's right, you read correctly. I pretended I didn't hear, but his dad and a few others began to snicker. So much for avoiding embarrassment.....Motherhood is so fun. I truly enjoy all the amazing things my children say. I love them so much and am thankful for the gospel and the plan of Salvation. It keeps me going everyday. I hope your Easter wasn't as embarrassing as mine!!

ps- I'm still waiting for my pictures so I can post them. Take it up with Darin!~

2 comments:

Janice said...

Don't worry Melissa, I can top that. When Patrick was about 3 he decided to use the quiet time when the Sacrament is being passed to loudly ask what the "F" word meant, only he said the whole word. I thought I would die. Have no idea where he heard the word! He was in daycare at the time, but it was an LDS home. So see, as bad is it was, it could have been worse. Hugs, Janice

Becky said...

Haha! I wish I could have been there. I'll have to ask my parents if they heard. Aren't kids hilarious?