CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's in a name?

Have you ever found that people who are named after someone, somehow naturally take on some of their traits?

Myra has officially become a tummy dweller. She sleeps on her belly for naps and night. Since she can do it herself, there's not much I can to to deter her. I lay her down on her back, but every time I check on her, she is on the belly. Funny that she doesn't roll off of her belly often though.

My mom grew up always hearing from her mom that she would also only sleep on her tummy. I suppose since Myra Joanne is named after my mom, it is only fitting! :)

Myra has been my only child to do this at such a young age. Usually at about a year my kids would flip to the stomachs, but not 5 months old. Myra also only take one nap during the day. It's nice and long (3-4 hours) but only happens once. She doesn't really wake up until 9am since she eats between 5 and 6 and then goes back to bed. I know she is getting enough sleep, it just amazes me how kids can be their own person from the start. We love her.

I'll have to watch out for any other personality traits that I see in my kids that are the same as who they are named after.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

James is named for Matt and has a very similar personality to Matt. Thomas is named for my dad and he has some very similar traits to my dad (and me, since I share those same traits with my dad).