CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

California Story

So, I just have to post a little bit on how strange some people are. Darin and I have been married for almost 8 years. Yes, I know that is hard to believe. While we were in California, there was a girl at church who Darin knew from the singles ward. To protect the "innocent" her name has been change to LULU. So, Darin and LuLu had been friends and would go dancing. Her friends always were saying stuff to him like, "don't you want to kiss her, why don't you kiss her?""You make such a cute couple, blah blah blah.."

Darin never had feelings for her in that way. She on the other hand, didn't hide the fact that she was head over heals for him. She would constantly call him, ask him out, and even wrote him different songs that she would perform. They were always about him....

Fast Forward to Easter Sunday when she was at church in the same ward that we were. She is not married and basically stalked Darin the entire Sunday. She would come up to me and say, "Hi Melissa, where's Darin?" "I think he is in the bathroom changing Ashton's diaper." "Oh, okay, I'll wait (by the men's bathroom door) til he comes out." Weird, right?! So after church she talks to him for like 20 minutes while my kids are going nuts, wanting to go and eat. I don't know what she thought she was accomplishing...He's already Married!! She had a male friend with her who she said she had, "rescued from the wilderness. Saved from the evil world..." You get the point. Come to find out it was her parents who had befriended the guy, she hardly knew him. Was she trying to make Darin jealous? I asked him later if she had written him another song.....

She is a nice girl, but a little off. The whole experience was strange. Like I said, the entire time at church she was trying to hunt down Darin. She talked to each of my parents too. I should have explained to her that Darin was married but that there was another model of him (his twin) that is available (single). He he he. The clever things we come up with afterwards. Darin was so bugged by it. He doesn't think it is as funny as I do. Ah the joys... I just told him to expect those things to happen because he is so darn good looking. So LuLu, you need to get over my husband (who has 4 kids) and find a man of your own!

Myra has her 6 month check up today. Yay.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Melissa, you have to e-mail me and tell me who this is!!! Janice

Andrew & Sarah said...

me too!!!! I'm trying to figure out who this is!!!

Seandini the Great said...

I will admit it all, I am LULU. I have never met such a darn handsome and great man before so I had no other choice but to write beautiful songs in his name!!!! I apologize for all the hassels!!!

haha...hey whats up mel, how are the twins doing? came to Cali huh? bet u miss the weather =P Tell your Hubby "hello" for me and I hope all is well with the family.
Sean

Becky said...

DANG IT! I WANT TO KNOW! All the people from SR are now at the edge of their seats.

The Zwahlens said...

Amen to Becky--especially since she's in our ward!!!

Noni Andrew said...

It just goes to show that the past will catch up to you sometime somewhere, even weird ones. I'm scratching my brain trying to remember who that was. Oh well, Melissa you got him. Hurray.

Brooke said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! Some people are in their own little world, that's for sure!! I enjoyed this story, It's like when we're at the grocery store and the clerk say to Thomas, "You have such gorgeous eyes!" Umm.. am I invisible or something??