CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Idaho

Ok, so I know these posts are a little out of order, just deal with it! :)

Friday I got to drive to Idaho to be fitted for my brides maids dress. I went alone with my kiddos. We got all packed up and I set up the DVD player so both kids could see it. About half way there, Ashton barfs. Great! No I have to stop and "clean" it up. Thankfully I was prepared for his weak stomach and had a change of clothes. He still had to ride in a wet and stinky car seat the rest of the way. No more DVD player. I think it contributed to the motion sickness. I really need to get that kid some Dramamine!

So, we got up there without getting too lost. The kids ate and then mostly played in the backyard. They were really pretty good. Myra just chilled with me. My friend's grandma is the one altering the dress. We had to add sleeves, and a back panel and some in the front. I might still have to do a little finagling to make it work, but in the end I'm sure it will be great. The fabric was a lot different than I was expecting for some reason. The color is lovely.

We were done in about two hours. Then I got to drive home and play D&D with Darin and some of the others. It was a long day, but the kids were pretty good in the car. There was the usually "how much farther?" and the dreaded, "are we there yet?" comments, but I survived. The drive back was hard. Our CD player in the car is broken so not much radio, and no CD player. I could have used the DVD player for CD's, but I wanted the kids to sleep. Myra slept on the way up, but not on the way home. Silly baby.

2 comments:

Kenny & Michele Kingsford Family said...

Here's a tip for you...
I always keep a few plastic bags, paper towels, and Fabreeze in the car. Fabreeze takes away the nasty vomit smell so that you don't have a chain reaction! :) The stuff works wonders!

Michele

Palmer family said...

Melissa! Where in ID did you go? If you are ever in Boise, let me know!! :) I have kids with weak stomachs on trips too....not fun! You are a trooper to go alone!