CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Saturday at the Zoo


Poor Becky was such a good
sport about pushing both girls in
the stroller. She sure got a workout!

We had a good time at the zoo on Saturday. For those of you that may not know, we go every 19th of April. That is Elaine's angel day. She enjoyed the zoo, so we go that day to remember her, and to give us something to do, more than sit around and be glum.

We met the Patton's at the zoo around 12:15. We had our friend Gerran with us. Later we met up with our friends the Coulson's. It was a warm but windy day. The zoo was packed. We ran into the Westmorlands while we were there. Come to find out, there were a whole bunch of gals from volleyball and church too, but we didn't see any of them.

Ashton has a bad habit of wandering off. Once we had to retrieve him from park officials. He had gone over to a neighboring picnic bench while we were eating. I had take Vi to the bathroom and Darin was changing a diaper. So, Ashton kept telling this other family that he couldn't find his mom. We were at the table next to them, but they just took him up to the front to security. When I got out of the bathroom and couldn't see him, I asked Darin and the man next to me overheard and said his wife had taken him to security. So, I wasn't worried, I just had to go and get him. Why is it so hard to keep track of him? Everyone tells me I need to invest in one of those leash/harness things.

Myra did pretty well. Violet had a blast with all of the kids. Thanks so much to everyone who thought about Elaine this weekend. Thank you also to whomever left the beautiful geranium plant at my house. I wish I knew who it was from...but thank you.

On the way home from the zoo we stopped to eat at the Pizza Factory. It was yummy. Plus, I didn't have to cook dinner. Yippie!



Daddy and Myra being cute.

Ashton being sad because he couldn't climb the fence.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry we couldn't make it. I was at the temple with my grandma all day. My step aunt went through, then got sealed to her husband. It was wonderful, but also VERY VERY long (like 5 hours)

Jenny said...

I'm glad you guys had fun at the zoo. That's such a great way to remember Elaine.