CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sewing Tips

My dad sent this to me and I thought it was good for a laugh!

Someone posted this "tip" from a Singer Sewing Machine
Manual from 1949:"Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are
going to do...never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good results
are difficult when indifference predominates. Never try to sew with a sink full
of dirty dishes or beds unmade. When there are urgent housekeeping chores, do
these first so your mind is free to enjoy your sewing.When you sew, make
yourself as attractive as possible. Put on a clean dress. Keep a little bag full
of French chalk near your machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your
hair in order, powder and lipstick put on. If you are constantly fearful that a
visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not look neatly
put together, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should."

3 comments:

Noni Andrew said...

Wow I don't know how I managed to get any sewing done. I didn't know I was suppose to go through all of that to get ready. I really don't remember my mom doing all that getting ready either. Oh well, I guess we didn't enjoy our sewing as we should. haha

Janice said...

Which is exactly why I don't sew!!

Josh & Darla ~ Paul, Nicholas, & Andrew said...

Who knew you are supposed to have on a clean dress, hair in order, powder AND lipstick on? No wonder I don't enjoy my chores as I should... I'm not neatly put together. Silly me! LOL
That was hilarious. :D