CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Update

It was a busy one both here, and at my parent's house. My mom, sister in law and their friend went tot he temple on Saturday. While they were out my Dad, brother and friend worked like mad men trying to finish up my parent's master bath as a birthday surprise for my mom. I don't know what was up with this year and my parent's wanting to surprise each other for their birthdays....Funny. Anyway, my mom had no idea and was glad to see that so much progress was made. It is nearly done except for some painting and finishing touches. They replaced the shower, flooring, and a bunch of other stuff. Darin has been working on our bathroom, but things are slow going due to lack of funds and time.

Also on Friday we went to ward temple night. It's the first time we've done a session since Myra has been born. It's nice to be able to leave her for a bit now. We went out to eat with some others from the ward afterwards. Then bright and early Saturday morning (5:30 am) I got to go with the youth back tot he temple to do baptisms for the dead. We had 33 youth attend that early. I hadn't ever been to the baptismal font in Provo. It was great to see the kids in the temple, especially the ones there for the first time. I hope that they all had a memorable experience.


Friday I had purchased a bed frame for Ashton. I decided it was time for him to have more than just a mattress on the floor. Poor boy! LOL. So Saturday Darin put it together, Ashton was so funny because when it was complete, he wouldn't let anyone sit on it except for himself. He was so excited for it. When Darin got it put together, he thought that it would look better with the headboard, so he got that too. Then he was up late putting that together. It looks so great. Good job Darin. (Ashton has a Lightning McQueen comforter...not this girly one.)

1 comments:

Gardagami said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.