CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dishwashers for Dummies


I have put off posting this because it is embarrassing....

About a week of two ago, I was doing the dishes as usual. Unloaded it and put all the dirty ones in. I put soap in and turned the dial to start it. Nothing happened. I looked at it, it still had power. Lights were still on. Hmm, nothing looked obviously wrong with it. Strange. So I went and bought gloves and hand washing implements. My hands are so sensitive they cant be immersed in water with out negative side effects. I was trying to avoid gross hands. Anyway...


I had gone online and looked at a few dishwashers. Our is fairly old. I'm not quite sure how old since it was in the house when we moved in. I was a little surprised that is would quit working like that. Usually you get a bit of a warning. Little things will go wrong before it completely dies. Darin gets home from work late. He's exhausted because he had done some thing the day before (play soft ball maybe?) and needed sleep. I had to literally DRAG him to the computer to help me purchase one. I didn't think it would be good for me to choose one myself and have him complain later about my poor choice.


So, we finally get one ordered. It will arrive in about a week. I return to the kitchen at the end of the day to do more dishes. I make Darin come an help since he promised he would. I had suggested earlier that he look at the thing. He said there was nothing he could do if it wasn't working. He eventually looked at it, fiddled with some things and viola! Wouldn't you know it, it worked!

Turns out the latch was jammed so the washer wasn't registering that the door was completely closed. UGHHHH! It made me feel so stupid! I swear I checked everything I could think of. Then I get on the phone to try and cancel the dishwasher. I can't because it is still processing. I have to wait like 3 days. I did finally get it cancelled, but have not yet received my money back. They said it would take up to 10 days, which it has been. The drama never ends!

0 comments: