CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Family, Isn't it about time?

Well, we had a great 4th of July and Olsen Family Reunion. I have pictures that I will add as soon as I can get them from Darin's computer.

We took Myra swimming for the first time in a n actual pool. Man, did she LOVE it!! She could splash to her hearts content! It was warm in Idaho, but not nearly as warm as here. I'm glad we got to cool off a bit.

I think that the best part of the vacation was visiting with family I don't get to see often. One of my uncles recently moved from New York State to Utah. I saw him a couple years ago, but no I'll see more of him. I also hadn't been to my grandfather's house since Violet was a baby. It hasn't changed, and brought back memories of visiting every summer as a child. I am so glad that my parents took the time to teach me how important family relationships are in one's life. Extended family is a blessing that cannot be replaced.

Probably my favorite part of the vacation, aside from meeting my adorable cousin Conner for the first time, was listening to stories. My grandfather spoke a lot about his childhood and his parent's. There were things he shared that his kids had never heard before! I was able to listen to him and see how he was touched by certain events in his life. See how his testimony was strengthened. Listening to him share such precious memories was an experience I wont forget. Seeing him so overwhelmed with the spirit of what he was testifying about, that he was crying and struggling to get sentences out, makes me so thankful for him, and others in my family for their righteous example. I feel like I have a lot to live up to in this world.

I'm glad that we were able to see my parents also. We travelled up on Thursday night and came home yesterday. I'll post more of the fun details once I get pictures.

Happy Anniversary to my Grandma & Grandpa Crook. Happy Birthday to Valerie tomorrow!

0 comments: