CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Girls Weekend


Mandy and I had a girls weekend again. It had been two years since the last time, and was much needed. Her daughter will be having surgery soon. We were going to go camping, but that didn't work out. Her hubby doesn't work on Friday's so we went Thursday night to Friday. We had a nice, slow paced time.


I dropped my kids off at her house. It was my first night away from Myra and all. She was so good. I'm glad that I didn't have to worry about her. Mandy and I ran a couple of errands and then headed for Salt Lake. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I hadn't ever been there for dinner. Dessert, yes, dinner no. It was so so so so good. The portions of food were huge! I had the carbanera pasta and Mandy had a Chicken/pasta marinara dish. Then we shared a peanut butter/chocolate cheesecake. Yummy!! If we would have known our hotel had a fridge, we would have got cheese cake for breakfast.




Then it was off to a late night movie. We saw Indiana Jones. Mandy had of course already seen it, but she still saw it again. I thought that it was good. It kept with the same style as the other Indy movies. The music was great. Of course some things were cheese and predictable, but all the movies are that way, right? It was fun. The best part was since it was a 10:30pm showing on a Thursday, we were the only ones in the movie theater! It was fabulous!!








Then we went to our hotel in Salt Lake. We stayed at the Raddisson again. We were on the top floor. Nice view. We could see the Capitol building. We went to bed. Breakfast was a complimentary buffet at the hotel restaurant. Waffles, eggs, sausage, pretty much whatever you wanted. It filled us up until dinner.



We then went to the Quilted Bear and spent like 4 hours there. It was great to take our time and look at everything. Yes, we bought stuff. Good times! Then it was off to Ikea. It was my first journey to that store. It was so much fun! We spent another few hours there. Mandy went crazy with the Swedish stuff (that's their country for Girls Camp). I know what I want to get Vi and Darin for Christmas though. I was surprised at the reasonable prices. Not everything is my style, but I saw a lot that I liked.



We also went to Tai Pan trading. Mandy had not ever been there and found some perfect frames for her bedroom that she is redecorating. It was nice to not worry about the time or kids, or anything really. I did have to make sure Mandy didn't get too tired out.

We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Then headed for home. The plan was to play games or watch a movie with our husbands, but Darin wouldn't wake up (we only got home at 9pm). So that was that. Thank you Mandy, for the fun weekend. And also for having Aaron watch the kids. I can't wait until the next time. Maybe Deann won't ditch us! :)

4 comments:

Noni Andrew said...

What a fun thing to do and so relaxing and refreshing. Moms need a few times like this so they can be all stoked up to have some more fun with their family. Love you

Jenny said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love girls weekends.

I love Ikea! I used to shop there when we lived in Maryland. I wish they had one in Colorado.

Glad you had a chance to get away and have some fun!

Mike & Rebecca said...

Melissa I can't believe you come to Salt Lake for a girls vacation! I could have made it a little cheaper on you guys by setting up a tent in my backyard and cooking on my coleman stove. For entertainment you guys could have done shadow puppets by the moonlight...sounds like fun right! I'm glad you had a good time, I think its so important to have those little getaways every once in a while.

Hugs,
Mike

Jardine Family said...

Hooray for Girls night out! Girls night out! YAY!
Sounds like you guys had TONS of fun! You did A LOT!
I think it should be a mandatory thing! Say, once a month? LOL