CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Family Pictures


So we are getting family pictures done on Saturday. I am having issues because it will be our first official time since Elaine passed on. It is something we need to do, but sometimes I don't feel ready. How can it be a family picture if my entire family isn't in it? We have had our picture taken many times at different events, but never a real, sit down family picture. I know it's been 4 and a half years and that is too long to go without a new picture on my wall. Poor Ashton and Myra have only been in "snap shot" family pictures. I do feel bad a bout that. We have done a lot with the kids, but couldn't bring myself to do family ones.

Maybe I'm still not quite ready? I think I've been in denial or something. It's two days away and I don't know what we are wearing or where I want to go. We are having out door pics taken and need to pick a place. I don't know why I have so much anxiety about this.....UGH! I think due to popular choice, we will be including a Buzz Toy in our picture. When you see it, you'll know it's for Elaine. I need to go and clean my house so I can go vote in a little bit. My friend is watching my kids so I can do the early voting thing. I'm hoping to avoid lines. Ha Ha.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck with the pictures. I am sorry this is so hard. Life is stinky sometimes.

hugs & prayers,
Christina

Cadie said...

I miss Elaine too. Maybe after this photo, it will get a little easier each time. Can't wait to see the new photos! Hugs!

Noni Andrew said...

You'll be in our prayers. Put it in Gods hands and know that Elaine is happy to have you all here and working and loving and being her family. She knows how much you love and care for her. We love all of you so much and it is hard not to be able to see our family as much as we would like and you are just a little ways away. God bless and hold you in his arms.

Melynda said...

I feel a little lost for words on what to say.

Just a thought about your family photo. My cousins cousin the Pearsons. Ian's parents Jenn and Justin. Felt the same way you do. They added a kind of a star of light to every family photo, The light is little Ian there but just in spirit.

Maybe you could do something like stils.

heart Hugs,

Melynda Anderson