CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Aida

A couple of weekends ago we got to go to Hale Center theater and see their production of Aida. I must admit that before the show, all I knew was that the music was written by Tim Rice & Elton John and that it was a love story. I had heard some of the songs but didn't really know much about the plot.

I was surprised by the way the theater was set up. The stage in literally in the middle of the seats. You have to walk across the stage to get to some. "Off stage" was the hall way where we entered. We had to do a little rearranging of seats during intermission because Jess was uncomfortable due to the closeness of the seats. We got it figured out so she wasn't being tortured the entire time! :)

I was amazed at the amount the performers were able to do on such a tiny stage and tight quarters. Their choreography was well orchestrated. The songs were good, and well sung. I think the performers did a good job. I had a hard time not getting distracted by the audience members that were across the stage from me. Some of the plot did get sappy and predictable, but that's common. Darin had to hold in his laughter at some parts. It was a good show, but in the end we vote we enjoy Desert Star more. They are just completely different I shouldn't compare the two.

It was a good show! Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Shara said...

Melissa! Hey girl - so I learned that Snapfish.com is giving away a free photobook. I thought it might be good for your family. I saw it on my friends blog - you can get more info here: http://ticklemedana.blogspot.com/2008/11/free-photobooks-from-snapfishcom.html

Shara said...

That is not a hack by the way I just re-read it and it totally sounds like one - its a real comment and I'm trying to pass it on to all my friends, especially those with cute kids :)