CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Balance

Ashton was standing on a step stool brushing his teeth. When he was finished he fell off somehow and bumped his face. He started to cry and I comforted him with things like, "I'm sorry you fell. Did you lose your balance? It's okay." Then he starts to cry even more saying, "I want my balance back!" He was more upset that he had lost something, than actually getting hurt! Darin and I got a good chuckle out of it! He still doesn't "get it". It tried to give it back...but he didn't buy it. Kids say the darnedest things!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Ah kidlets!

Yeah, Wes blessed all of our poo the other night while saying the blessing on the food. Yummy!

Love the wedding pictures by the way, and the family pics turned out great too! I can't begin to comprehend the depth of emotion you feel with Elaine's passing, but she was beautiful, and I loved looking at some of the pictures of her that were up in your house the night I babysat.

I left a comment on your blues post, and hope I didn't just embarrass myself. ;)

Jules

The Zwahlens said...

I keep meaning to tell you that Ashton has the most beautiful eyes for a little boy. I say for a little boy because I feel like I need to clarify so I don't hurt his manhood or anything by calling a part of him beautiful! Also, thanks for your Christmas picture--it's a great one!

Noni Andrew said...

Kids do say the darnest things. Kayla told Everlyn the other day when she was sitting on the tiolet that when she got big her bum would fill up the whole tiolet seat. That's quit an accomplishment when you think how little she is right now. We got a big laugh out of that one. I hope Ashton feels like he got his balance back. That is so cute.