CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Wal Mart

Not actual snow boot in question
I know the common phrase, "You get what you pay for", but sometimes I try to tell myself that it's a myth. Ashton has already been through 2 pairs of $15 snow boots. These are the "cheepies" at Wally World. I am so frustrated because both pairs lasted about 2 uses. The seam is apparently not sewn well and the top fabric pulls off and then rips letting snow and moisture in, defeating the purpose. $30 is totally blown. And he still needs something to keep his feet dry int he snow. I don't know if I try and return/exchange them, which involves standing in line for an undetermined amount of time, with all my kids. That right there is a turn off. I don't think I still have my receipt an exchange might be pointless. I checked the second pair when I bought it and it didn't have any noticeable problems. I hate wasting money. UGGGGGHHHHHH!!

6 comments:

Ciria said...

one: take them back! Not worth losing that much money.
two: Always take returns back by 9:30 am and not on a saturday! There is usually no wait!

VLB said...

I was thinking this exact same thing yesterday! I bought two room heaters that totally DO Not Work! 75 bucks! I will be returning them though.

Noni Andrew said...

I'm with the others TAKE THEM BACK. Is that the only ones they have? Maybe a other style would be better. Maybe you could go on a day Darin is at home. Sorry for such inconvenience. Darn. Love you

Marie N said...

Try Kohls. They are more expensive, but I still found snowboots for my kids for $22--of course, a sale price since I think full price they were $50. If you have a Kohls card, you can save even more, but I'm too chicken to sign up for a credit card. Only a little more than the walmart price, but they are good quality. I think the brand on them is "Totes". I'm with you on hating wasting money, and I hope walmart will refund you on the defective ones.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I got Jack boots at Old Navy this year...I didn't have high hopes for them, but they've actually held up pretty well. As the store believe that after Christmas...it's springtime...and time to sell tank tops and swim suits..I'm sure they don't have them anymore. But check next year!

Jake & Stephanie Ellinger said...

I have come to expect that out of Walmart! And yet, I never seem to learn my lesson....