CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What next?

I cannot believe I am actually braving the minute it takes to write a post. Today I was on the verge of tears. It takes quite a bit from my kids to get me that frustrated. No worries, nothing major, just crazy. So I was busying my self with something very necessary (ie. housework of some sort) I'm sure. I thought that Myra and Ashton were upstairs playing either in Ashton's room or Violets.

I go up to get them because it is time to pick up Kindergartners and what do I find. My kids are in the bathroom. Ashton(for who knows how long) had been filling up cups (dinner glass size) of soap & water and dumping them on Myra's head. Also flinging it all over the bathroom. Myra is roaming around with the toilet bowl brush (gasp!) and drenched. The cupboard drawers are pulled out (Ashton's stairs tot he counter/sink) and there is about 4 inches of standing water in them. Plus all over the floor.

So I ever so patiently (Ha!) stripped them, pulled my hair dryer, curling irons and hot rollers out of water, and threw on new clothes. Then I rush over to the school and am late. One of the car pool kids is hiding inside the school and throws a fit. "I don't want to go with you. I want my mom." Now I look like a child abductor! I swear, one thing after another. I get home, Vi uses the bathroom and leaves the door open. Time out for her since Myra got in. I go up stairs to clean the bathroom mess with Ashton and come down for lunch.

Violet had watched Myra climb up on the table and dump our her whole cup of milk. Fabulous!! I feel like if I don't follow my kids around all day, they are naughty. I really try to make my home as child proof as possible. But the bathroom is not doable. I never heard the water running, which I usually do. Myra got into Cd's and I still haven't put the DVD cabinet back together after she pulled all of those out. What is a mom supposed to do?!?! Plus they ended up putting crackers all over the floor in the basement - so much for that snack and Vi put her old laundry in her dollhouse. I'm sure it seemed like a reasonable idea at the time.

Ashton did pee in the toilet standing up and thought that was fabulous. Hopefully tomorrow will not be full of mischievous children. I might pull out my hair.

5 comments:

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Take a deep breath and count to 10... maybe longer!!! Hang in there... know it probably doesn't help to hear it, but most, if not all moms go through this... Go out and have some lone time or time out with the girls.... Bless your heart!

Jenny said...

Gotta love days like this. I hope today is going better for you!

By the way--I like the new font!

Noni Andrew said...

Wow!! What a pull your hair out day. Be sure you write all of the details down. Some day you may write a best seller about all the adventures you had with your sweet (?) children. When you read these adventures ten years from now you will die laughing. Of course not now you are too tired trying to keep up with them. God loves you and so do I.

Linda said...

Wow - I had my share of hectic days, but I don't think I ever had one like that! I think Michelle, Becky and Cindy all got into my make-up on occasions, they dressed Steven up in the girls' old Easter dresses (including bonnet), there were of course times when they played with water in the bathroom and got it all over . . . but they never did all in the same day! Kudos that you lived through the day! And remember: crisis + time = humor! You will look back on that day and get a laugh at it, and probably post it on somebody else's blog in a few years! Hang in there!

Mindy said...

Sounds like one of my days!! Ryland and Ashton are two peas in a pod!! AND please don't tell me that it was my child hiding from you...if it was further action will be taken!!LOL