CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday's




I feel like posting right now, but don't really know what to right about. The last 4 or 5 days I have been out of commission with a head cold. I think it must be getting better a little bit. I feel less sinus pressure. It only feels like I have a huge headache now. It is always depressing to be sick and put life on hold. None of my plans for the weekend happened. Poor Darin's plans were ruined too. Being sick is no good for anyone.

Darin is at church without me & Myra. He gets to teach Vi's class today as well. One of the worst parts of being sick is not being able to taste one's food. I have decided that is I could figure out a way to cause this, without the congestion and pain, I should market it. I would be rich. It would be the best dieting tool ever. Who would care if what they were eating tasted like cardboard, if they couldn't taste it. It wold work for me!

I have also been thinking a lot about something else lately. I heard a few weeks back that Primary Children's will no longer be putting the cute, original donated blankets on the kids' beds. The hospital gets thousands donated every year. It is nice to see something colorful and homey for these babies and children (and some adults). It is the one thing that has set them apart. The rumor is that they will no longer be doing this. They will have the same blankets on all beds. They claim it is to cut costs in the laundry department. The hospital will still have to pay to wash the same amount of linens. The children's blankets are donated, free of cost tot he hospital. So, how is purchasing millions of new linens going to save any money? Your guess is as good as mine. I hope this is a rumor that will not come into fruition. It will be a sad day indeed!
Speaking of Primary's, I always loved the Sacrament service there. It was always so touching and spiritual. I am so glad people serve those at the hospital and provide that for patients and employees.

1 comments:

Noni Andrew said...

I was sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope by now you are feeling alot better. I am feel like you do about the blankets. I hope all you wonderful parents will step up and be able to change that decision if it is true. It lifts the spirits so much to see those colorful blankets that are made and donated with such love. Love you all