CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 25, 2009

America

If tomorrow all the things were gone I’d worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can’t take that away.


And I’m proud to be an American where as least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there’s pride in every American heart,
and it’s time to stand and say:

And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land

God bless the U.S.AI’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.


I am proud to be an American. I love this country. I love all that it stands for. I am indebted to all military personnel who protect my rights and liberties. Thank you! God Bless America!



Happy Memorial Day! We visited the cemetery. It is my favorite on this day above all others throughout the year. Flowers everywhere, representing love for someone. A sea of color and love for those already passed through the veil.

(Our nephew -in-law Ben who is currently in Afghanistan, again)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love this day too! It is a day to remember those you love who are gone. I visited Mom's grave today with the kids and put a hanging basket there for her. Met Dad and David there as well, and Uncle Farroll and family all by Aunt Katherine's grave.

Noni Andrew said...

What a great message for memorial Day. Thanks and for the picture of Ben. We are so proud of all the people in our life that have served for our country. My DAD, my brother, Dad, Roy, Ross, Heather Ben, my Brother in law. That's what I can remember. I love that song proud to Be an American, too. Love you all