CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fry Sauce, it's the new Ranch




When I was growing up in Santa Rosa, for some weird reason we would continually go to Lyon's restaurant (which saddly is no longer there) after Stake Dances, School functions, well, pretty much anything we did on the weekends. Maybe they were one of the few places open late, I don't know, but that's where we went.


Usually if one of us ordered fries or Becky's fav, the potato skins (which were seriously loaded!), we would try to create our own fry sauce. It was never as good as the stuff you could get in Utah, but it was still yummy. I believe our version was mainly ranch and ketchup, but I can't recall.

I love fry sauce. It is one definite perk of living in this state. It is readily available at most burger joints and of food facilities. I'm pretty sure I've even encountered it in the cafeteria at the Temple. Anwhoo, it is delish and I can't get enough. Ok, I can but it's great. If you are here for a visit you have got to try in! It's the only way to eat fries and onion rings, and burgers, and chicken fingers and well, you get the picture!




I think it is a crime that it is hard to find out of the state. I don't get why everyone doesn't love it like I do. This is one area where the utahrds got it right! ;) No we need to work on the driving. All hail the Fry Sauce!!

5 comments:

Brynn said...

Rumbi's has the best sweet potato fries and fry sauce!!! Yumm!!!

LambFam said...

I do love the fry sauce as well!! yum yum The pictures of Grandpa and the ice cream are so funny. Looks like you had fun. Happy Late Birthday to your mom.

Cadie said...

Oregon has fry sauce sometimes! I miss Utah fry sauce though.

Joshua Crook said...

wow, I can't believe that ya'll are this obsessed with fry sauce. I've had it, and I guess I'll be the dissenting voice here. Fry Sauce is NASTY!

Palmer family said...

I LOVE fry sauce too! Thank goodness Idaho has it as well. Can't get enough of that stuff...the best condiment around!