CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Helping with the Dishes: Follow up to helping with laundry

When I was around 12 or 13 years old my family moved to a new home in Healdsburg, Ca. The home had one of those "New Fangled" contraptions called a "Dishwasher". Previous to this we had almost always used one sink to wash and one sink to rinse to do the dishes.


It was my turn to do the dishes with the dishwasher. I rinsed the dishes off and placed them in the dish washer. I poured the dry granules of dishwasher detergent into the detergent receptacle, closed the door and started the washer. about 30 minutes later all of the fun happened.


Endless suds were pouring out of the front vents of the dishwasher out on to the floor of the kitchen. It kept pouring out until the whole kitchen floor was covered in a mix of bubbles and water.


What happened? I used laundry detergent in the dishwasher! Note to the wise - Don't do that! Putting dishwasher detergent in the laundry was much more calm and un-eventful when compared to the disaster of using laundry detergent in the dishwasher.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

note: This story was shared by Darin, and is his first official post on the blog, ever!

Patrick said...

Ha ha ha Darin, that's so funny.

Janice said...

The above comment was actually from me.

Noni Andrew said...

Darin you are so clever, but always helping out. It is always appreciated. Love all of you

Sandra said...

Oh man, I laughed so hard! Yes, I am sure that Melissa was thankful it was dishwasher detergent in the washer rather than the other way around!