CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

9 years ago today

I married the man of my dreams. It has been an eventful 9 years. We have lived in two states, 4 apartments, one house. 3 burial plots, 5 cars, 1 headstone, a couple of pets (7 if you count the butterflies) 4 kids, 6 jobs (I think I counted that right), school. We've had some great times, and laughs, and also a lot of pain and shed many, many tears. We've been able to attend many weddings and see other's happily married, and we've also had to endure much loss. We've been to a lot of funerals. Our marriage has not been "easy".

We have had (and still have) a lot of hard things to sort through. Burring a child changes you. We are not the same people that we were when we married. We were smacked in the face with "reality" so to speak. It is not "normal" for one to own burial plots as their first real estate, but we did.

I have come to love Darin more and more as the years have gone by. I know I appreciate him a lot more, and try not to take him for granted. Sometimes life gets in the way, we get so busy with the day to day and it is always nice to reflect back to why we fell in love. I love you! Happy Anniversary!!!

9 comments:

Shelby and Melissa Drake Family said...

Congrats!

Janice said...

Congrats! sounds like it's been a busy 9 years for you :-)

Svedi Pie said...

Happy 9 years!! Sounds like they have been difficult, but still wonderful. :)

Valerie L. Bond said...

Melissa,
you are the world's most beautiful bride! so sweet and innocent. I know what you mean by reality smacking you in the face. It is better though now on the other side because you are know you can endure tough times. I am sorry you had to lose your little girl, but I am thankful you two can live on with her memory and your three other angels. Happy Anniversary!

Teea Lamb said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 9 years! I love your wedding pictures- such a cute couple! :) Life seemed so simple and full of fun back then, huh? Oh well, I guess we just live and learn. Thanks for being so supportive and always leaving encouraging comments on my blog. I really appreciate it! I hope you guys are able to do something fun for your anniversary!

Noni Andrew said...

Happy Anniversay!! I remember the birthdays better than anniversaries. You both are really wonderful. You have been though so much. Keep up the good things that you do for each other. Love you both

flower2416 said...

I loved seeing you pics! Congrats!

Adrienne Orrock said...

congratulations on 9 years of marriage! That is so great, especially with going thru what you did with Elaine. It was great to meet you and your family at the camp. Your littlest one Myra is the cutest little dancer! We had a great time watching her shake her thing before the movie :)

Adrienne

Jenny said...

I hope you had a nice anniversary! Congratulations on 9 years!