CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Jenny Post


Finally, the long awaited post for my cousin Jenny. If you are wondering why she is so special to get her own post on my blog, it is because she was the first to answer my question correctly on the previous post. :)

Jenny and I are the same age (she is 4 months older) and were in the same grade in school. We had a lot of fun growing up being pen pals. We lived in different states, but saw each other on occasion. It was fun to write letters and build a friendship "the old fashioned" way. It
seemed we were always doing similar things in school, church and life.
We had fun one summer Jenny got to come and visit me, and the next summer, I got to go visit her. It was my first time traveling alone. It was great. My one and only time in Texas.

Every since I can remember, we had always planned on being roomies together at BYU. We totally made that happen. Our freshman year in Heritage Halls - Gates building. We had a lot of fun that year.
Then I got married and started a family, an
d Jenny got married and did the same. We have lived in different states for the past, i don't know, 7 years or so. We have drifted apart in our friendship, but we are family so we can't go too far. :)

We have started keeping in touch better through email and the occasional postcard from vacation. Our lives are busy, but many of my fondest memories include Jenny.
It is fun that we share many of the same interests and taste in movies, books, music & clothes. Even now, the similarities haven't changed too much. When we lived at BYU, I got to know what it was like to have a sister. Thanks Jenny! You are a fabulous person. I love you!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Awww, thanks Melissa! Love you, too! I've scanned some pictures of us from my college scrapbook this evening. The email will be on its way in a couple minutes.