CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

One Bright Celestial Day


Today I attended the funeral of a sweet, precious baby named Cali. I met Cali's parents before she was born, at Heart Camp. She was born on September 5th and passed on Sept. 12th. You can read her obituary here.
Babies change so many lives in an instant. Thomas & Adrienne, know many are praying for you and thinking about you.

I was touched by so many things at her service. The songs "Families can be together forever" and " I am a child of God" were sung today, and also at my daughter Elaine's funeral, almost 5 1/2 years ago.

What I wanted to share was this. A Special version of "I am a Child of God" that was sung. As you read the word (and hum along) I'm sure you will realize why they moved me so.

I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My Earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way,
He welcomed me with open arm. I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One Bright Celestial Day.
Even now I cannot stop the tears from coming. Oh how long and hard the enduring feels, and how I long for my daughter to welcome me with open arms some day. What a grand day that will be. Until then, we wait and strive to be worthy to be where she has gone on ahead.

I do not know who wrote this, but wish I could give them credit for it. It is beautifully written, and if so true. It must have been by some one who "knows". Whoever you are, thank you!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I feel the same way as you - even though Cami is with us, we can only know a small part of who she is. But I know where she's going, just as you know where Elaine is, and she is my best motivator to endure. It will be a wonderful day when those disabilities are gone and we see who she really is!

Little Bear and Peanut said...

That beautiful bright-eyed girl with golden hair is smiling down on you from Heaven. I know that doesn't make this time apart easier, but I hope it does help a little!

Jenn said...

Wow, that really is so beautiful! I hope you don't mind, I copied it over to my blog as well. Sometimes it is so hard to be strong, but at least with God's help we don't have to do it alone!

Noni Andrew said...

Those are beautiful words and so true. We do miss our loved ones that have gone on before us. Elaine is so beautiful. That is one of the things Evelyn wanted to know when Scotty went on before. She said, Mom when is the millennium so I can have Scotty back." To us it seems forever. As each day goes by be comes closer and what you are doing to help others can only help the time go by sooner. Love you