CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 14, 2009

A Walk to Remember!

(look closely and you will see the butterflies)


No, I'm not talking about the movie, I am talking about the second annual Walk for Healing Hearts. It was on Saturday. It was great! It was a bright and early day for many. I won't bore you with all of the details, but we had over 550 people in attendance! That is nearly twice as much as last year! Wow! I am still stunned! It was an awe inspiring sight to see so many people together to raise awareness for Congenital Heart Defects, and raise funds for Intermountain Healing Hearts.

Our shirts turned out amazing, once again designed by Jennilyn Quinney of Silver Stitch (her son Bryson has a CHD). She did a phenomenal job. I love the red with white. There was water from Wil's Pit stop, Apples from Openshaw Farms...and then the Angel ceremony. We had a special moment to honor the valiant hero's who have finished their fights. We released butterflies. It was very touching. The butterflies sort of banded together as the flew off...


I was thrilled that we had a lot of support this year. Our family & friends who came to honor and remember Elaine: Ross & Kerlyn, Nancy & Brynn, Trevor & McKenzie, Jaylyn, Elaine's nurse Mindy & of course, the Torsak's. We all wore Buzz Lightyear bandanna's/arm bands to represent our missing her. I know many of you would have been there if you could, and we appreciate that, and all of your kind donations!
(Brynn's pictures)
We were also able to have a lot of friends & Neighbors attend as well. Thank you, thank you - Bakers, Bishops, Aubrey, Kristi, Amberly, Day's, Stephanie, Drakes, and those who donated - Amber, Are', Benson's, Shulers. Hmm I hope I am not leaving anyone out. There were so many people...I'm still boggled!

Unfortunately, as of Saturday night, we have another Angel to add to our group, Cali. She passed on and will be greatly missed. We were fortunate to meet her parents at Heart Camp and have a great visit with them.

After the Angel ceremony we proceeded with the prizes! We had over $4,000 of donated items to give away! It was so much fun. A little hectic - I think we had a too many cook's in the kitchen problem. Not to mention the Bull horn that hates me for some reason....next year we will have a sound system! It will be great!

I hope everyone enjoys the prizes they won. There was a lot of time and effort put in by all members of the IHH board (and spouses) (Carolyn, Mike, Christina, Brynn, and Myself) (I can't wait to see our new pictures! HE HE.)

A big thanks to my friend Tiffany and her daughter who arrived early early to help me out with registration, and my niece Jaylyn and her friend Shelese. So many amazing people giving of their time to make the event possible! We couldn't have done it without you!

Check back soon on our website for a list of all the generous sponsors and donors!!!

I'm looking forward to and planning Heart Walk 2010 already!!

ps -more picture's to come soon - Yes, even we have technical difficulties!!


4 comments:

Jake & Stephanie Ellinger said...

You did such a great job! I was amazed at how many people showed up and I can't wait to see the picture of everyone on the hill. And the butterflies had a lot of people crying. It was awesome. Jake & I are grateful to have this group to lean on for support. You guys have made such a difference to us!

Teea Lamb said...

Melissa you did such a great job with the heart walk! Thank you so much! It really turned out great. It was very fun and very special. Thanks for all your hard work! And it was wonderful to see you! :)

Noni Andrew said...

I am so glad that the walk was such a success. You all worked so hard on it. It was really nice that some of our family was able to participate. Love you

likeschocolate said...

Way to go and thanks for all the hard work!