CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What's a Candy gram? I want one!








Tis the season for all the great Christmas movies. There are so many great ones. From the classics like
White Christmas and
Charlie brown to the silly ones like
Elf and
Christmas in Connecticut and who could forget Christmas Vacation? There are so very many movies, It's a Wonderful LIfe and A Christmas Story that are on TV all the time.

Recently I have introduced my kids to some of my childhood favorites like
Home Alone and
Prancer. Of course The Santa Clause Movies,
Micky's Christmas Carol
(and the Donald snow fort one..) and Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer/Frosty one's they've seen. I'm looking for others to enjoy this season, possibly ones I've yet to see.
I know my kids haven't seen the Jim Carrey Grinch version - so that is on our list for them to see.

They enjoy Polar express and any thing cartoon like Nightmare before Christmas (but that one kinda freaked them out). They watched Prep & Landing last night and laughed.

Some I like are Miracle of 34th Street (both newer & old)
While you were sleeping, Holiday Inn & The Bishop's Wife. My all time favorite song is Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas from the movie
Meet Me in St. Louis, which may not stand out as a Christmas movie....but to me it is.

So, what are your suggestions? I know there are a lot more out there.

8 comments:

Emily said...

You have a really good list - but I really like "The Preacher's Wife" - it has my man Denzel Washington. And even though I watch it all year, "While You Were Sleeping" is a Christmas movie. Not for kids, but I love Scrooged too. And pretty much everything on your list is a favorite for me too.

Melissa said...

Yes, I agree Emily. I knew I was leaving a ton out...but I too love The Preachers Wife and Scrooged. Surprisingly enough I prefer the Denzel version to the Cary Grant (who is my all time fav).

Lori Muir said...

Hmm. I need to see some of these classics. You've listed all my favs.

Jenny said...

How about Going My Way and The Bells at St. Mary's?

Jenny said...

Or the Muppet Christmas Carol?

Lori Muir said...

Nope, scratch my earlier comment; you're missing The Year Without a Santa Claus. He's mister green Christmas, he's mister sun, he's mister heat blister, he's mister 101. They call me heat miser whatever I touch, starts to melt in my clutch -- I'm too much.

Svedi Pie said...

I also really love Meet Me in St. Louis and both version of Miracle on 34th Street (that's one remake that was, in my mind just as good as the original - I prefer the girl in the newer one, but love that the post office delivers all the mail to the court room in the old one.

I agree with Lori Muir - The Year Without Santa is good and A Muppet's Christmas Carol is also really good.

But you've given me a really good list to buy/rent this year :)

Michelle said...

I watched Elf 2 nights ago and giggled the entire time...such a great way to enjoythe holidays. Such a wonderful time of year, movies and all!!!