CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Adversity


With little kids running around the house, it is a challenge to do seemingly easy tasks, like clean a room or fold laundry. Anything you want to go and do, as an adult and not a mommy, requires the coordinating of a babysitter. One such activity is temple attendance. You get things all arranged and planned out and then something usually comes up. That is what happened to us this weekend. We were all set to go to the temple, had the crazy babysitting stuff all arranged (which involved dropping the kids and van off and having the sitter (aka Chris & Michelle) drive the kids back to our house since they would get out of their rehearsal too late to drive to our place so I could make it up to the temple in time). Anyway, Ashton ended up being sick on Friday, and only on Friday. Murphy's law I guess, but I couldn't leave a pukey kid with a sitter. Too bad Ashton couldn't have been sick on Saturday instead. Sometimes I wonder if planning to go is even worth it, since something always happens. Maybe it's the thought that counts?

6 comments:

Jenny said...

It's quite hard to get to the temple when you have little kids, isn't it? I had resolved to just go last week by myself some evening when Matt was home--only to find out the temple was closed for the next few weeks. Sigh...

Brynn said...

Aunt Melissa,
I guess the Lord wants you to go to the temple more, he is building one in Payson!!!

The Zwahlens said...

I think that the thought counts (at least that's what I tell myself when we have those days)...

Shelby and Melissa Drake Family said...

Don't worry. Shelby and I actually got to the Temple but I was in line for 25 minutes to get my name and I still had not received it. There were NO lockers so people had to put their clothes on top of the lockers. We got there at 6:15 and ended up leaving at 7:10 since there was no way we were getting into a session until at least 9:30! Oh and the ward temple night was scheduled for the exact same time as a stake temple night and they did not reserve a little room downstairs. So I do not know what happened there.

Lori Muir said...

You should have posted this years ago. Maybe the announcement for our temple would have come sooner. LOL.

Noni Andrew said...

Keep trying. Don't give up. You will get there and the thought counts and so does trying. Keep at it. I hope you make it next time. Love you guys.