CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The sound of a bird


Last week was a big week. The Zoo was great fun. The weather was warm and sunny. Myra had a blast looking at the animals. It was the first year she's really gotten into it. It was a great distraction. I need to get pictures up on here. On Elaine's birthday we visited the cemetery and Darin took Vi & Ashton to "How to Train your Dragon". We also took advantage to Dairy Queens buy on get one for $.25 blizzards. It was a fun way for the kids to celebrate their sister's birth.

Of course there were a lot of other stresses and activities to fill up the rest of the week. Saturday was the IHH Heart Mom Luncheon. It was great. Rebecca Cressman from FM 100 made me laugh...a lot!! The food was very good and of course Margaret Cardall did a phenomenal job speaking, sharing and relating to us. I feel so fortunate to belong to an organization in which I know, I am not alone in my situation and feelings of frustration.
(moms in attendance)

Paul then shared a few songs with us and even did a little impromptu music writing. One of the last songs that he shared was a primary song, My Heavenly Father Loves Me. It was a beautiful arrangement. As I sat listening to the song and remembering singing it at Elaine's funeral, I realized that it was almost 6 years to the day. Her funeral was on the 23rd - the day before the lunch. I'm grateful that he chose to play that song out of the many in his repertoire. I know there is still a connection to Elaine. That she still IS, even though I cannot be with her physically right now. It was a reaffirming moment for me. Thank you again. And thank you to Carolyn for your hard work in organizing the special day.


All is Well (Poem shared at the Luncheon)

Death is nothing at all,

I have only slipped into the next room.

I am I and you are you

Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name,

Speak to me in the easy way which you always used

Put no difference in your tone,

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,

Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.

It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,

Just around the corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)

Canon of St. Paul’s Cathedral

2 comments:

Andy's Mommy said...

I think you are a beautiful woman, Melissa. It was great to see you at the lunch. I had the honor of sitting with a bunch of Angel Moms at this event. While it was so difficult for me I realized how true it is... you are ANGEL moms!!!Elaine was a beautiful little girl, thank you for sharing her with us.
Heart Hugs,
Amber Tingey

Jake & Stephanie Ellinger said...

It was so good to see you at the luncheon! You are such a good example to me of faith and of service.

Wasn't that song just beautiful? I find myself playing it on the Primary CD all the time now since Saturday.