CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Latest Addition






We welcomed our newest little boy into the world yesterday morning at 8:23am. His name is Vaughn. Here are some pictures. Sorry there aren't more. Mom didn't get to see/hold the little guy until eight hours after he was born. Brought back a lot of feelings from when we had Elaine and Darin needed to go be with the baby and I was alone, in my room for hours on end.


Vaughn was having troubles breathing. He was working much too hard and retracting. He ended up on a CPAP for a number of hours as well as receiving some meds via intubation tube (that only had to stay in about 10 minutes). It was a long, exhausting day for everyone. Myra, Ashton & Violet were a little put out that they didn't get to come right away. But, they got to see him eventually. They were very cute with him. Big, Big thanks to my parents for holding down the fort.

Vaughn had his first bath today and did a lot of the things that usually get done the day of birth, like foot prints. He seems to have recovered from his respiratory problems. He's nice and pink and has lighter hair, like Elaine. Although at this point it's merely fuzz. For now we are concentrating on eating.

14 comments:

Heather said...

I am so happy for your family Melissa....he is absolutely beautiful, congrats to everyone. I bet that was such a scary feeling to be away from him after he was born, but I am glad to hear he is doing much better now.

((LOVES))
Heather Griffith

Emily said...

Congratulations on another beautiful baby! He is adorable. I'm glad the scare is over, and that you get to be with you little one. Lots of love to your family!

Amy said...

Congratulations Melissa! I love those chubby cheeks!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie!

aubrey said...

He's so cute and chubby! How much did he weigh?

Christina said...

Congratulations! Glad he is doing better today. I was thinking of you a lot yesterday. Hope he figures out the eating quickly :).

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina

Svedi Pie said...

He's a handsome little guy! Congrats!!

The Zany Housewife said...

He's absolutely beautiful. I'm glad he is doing better. Congratulations!

About Me said...

He definitely looks like one of your kids. So cute! Sorry for the deja vu moment but glad things are better now. Can't wait to see him.
Jessica

Becca said...

I am so sorry that things were rocky there for a bit! I checked in to see if you had your baby. Congrats! He is a cute one.

Becca-Ellie's mom

Jake & Stephanie Ellinger said...

Congrats!!! What a handsome little guy.

Teea Lamb said...

He is adorable! Glad things are going better now. Congratulations!!!

James and Elysia said...

Congrats! What a cutie. You can sure tell that he is one of your kids:)

LambFam said...

I love the chubby face, that one picture of him coming out is crazy. I hope he is doing better! I also really appreciated your post about News Radio. I also have special place for it. I just watched a few episodes because my Father in law has them on DVD. It brought back great memories!