CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heart Mom

(Me and Elaine)

I have laid my daughter on an OR table & I have handed her to a surgeon, knowing they would stop her heart and I prayed it would beat again-four times. I have learned more than I ever thought I could and cried more tears than I ever thought possible. I have walked a road I never knew exsisted, until now and celebrated victories I never would've thought of. I will walk this road forever..I am a Heart Mom, to a beautiful Angel!

I stole borrowed this quote from a fellow heart mom from her facebook status. I modified it a bit (our children have different genders) to fit my needs. It's so true though. I have learned so much from my experiences, and traveled a very different road from most people. And I'm glad most people do not need to experience this. It's hard, gut wrenching and is so scary. I wore my Heart Mom pin today, because I too have scars. They aren't visible, but I know they exist. I feel them everyday. I wouldn't change being a Heart mom, it has made me who I am. I'm proud to be a heart mom.

2 comments:

Cali's Mom said...

That is such a sweet picture of the 2 of you!

yowan said...

it does show love between mom and daughter, i liked the way you just felt and shown your love.