CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sappy


I know that this is probably going to be a little embarrassing for someone, but maybe she'll forgive me.


While I was on spring break this year I got a taste of what it must be like to have a sister. I had a really good time hanging out with my sister - in - law, Renee. It was great to go on an unplanned shopping excursion. Without kids (that doesn't happen too much for me). I had a great time trying on clothes, helping her find some outstanding outfits. It was just something that I've never really had.

I have been blessed with amazing friends, and they are my sanity, but it seems like it's different with sisters. Swapping clothes, doing each other's hair and make up - you get the picture. When I hear people talk about all the things they do with their sisters, and what a bond they have, I'm envious.

Renee was also able to accompany us to the Charles M. Schulz Museum that week, and also to the beach. I really enjoyed our conversations, her help with the kids. As I was reflecting/meditating/staving off the boredom of driving home, I thought, WOW. This must be what it's like to have a sister. Thanks, Renee for being the sister I needed. :)

1 comments:

naenaers1 said...

Wow! Thank you, Melissa! That was extremely sweet... I didn't know that I would get a whole post to myself. :) I had a great time with you and the kids while you were out here. It was great to spend time with you and be sisters togehter. And yes.. I do forgive you for the post. Thank you again and I look or forward to getting together with you and spending more sister time with you in the future.