CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Words

A friend gave me this poem.  I love it.  I pretty much sums up how I feel.  Thank you Patsy Gaut for writing this!

A Little While
I held her for a little while...
Made plans to watch her grow...
We played each waking moment...
So she'd know I loved her so....
I cherish all the tiny things....
That went unnoticed then...
A special bond between us grew...
My little one, my friend....
A place of honor she will have....
In my heart and in my home...
It gives me strength and peace...
To know she's not a lone....
I know that Jesus holds her close...
And tends her every need...
My child is safe in heaven....
She holds a noble place indeed!

Elaine truly was my little friend.  13 years ago I became a mommy.  It was just her and me.  All day, everyday.  Sigh, I miss her.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Great poem.

Hilary and Eric said...

I am so sorry Melissa. I could say "I can't imagine" which is partially true. I have been so close so many times yet we have escaped. I don't know why or how it works. It pains me that wonderful women like you have to walk around with gaping holes the size of sweet little 3 (4?) year old girls in their lives. You were the first heart mom I knew, the first! You are wonderful. I wish I could soak up that pain. Know you are loved. You do great things in Elaine's name <3